Creative: Pre-School Dance
Creative Movement Dance Classes for Ages 3-4
Note: information listed is relevant to our 2020-2021 Season.
Beginners are welcome. Pre-School Dancers must meet the following requirements:
– Must meet the age requirements as of December 31st
– Must be potty trained
– Session 3 Registrants must participate in the Year-End Recital
Note: Dancers must enter the class for their age level to follow the curriculum correctly. This will ensure proper progression through each level of our Creative Department.
KADC’s Creative dance program is designed for small children and toddlers to explore different types of dance and develop both large and fine motor skills. With a focus on basic dance techniques, these classes provide your child with an energetic introduction to a variety of dance styles. KADC includes dance styles like Ballet, Acrobatics, Jazz, Hip Hop and Creative Movement within the Creative Program. Classes also include instruction on musicality, team-building skills, co-operation and dexterity.
By being introduced to a variety of dance disciplines early, these tiny dancers can make a more informed decision as they enter into the separated and focused dance classes in the future. KADC will give these young dancers the opportunity to try and choose which styles of dance they would like to pursue once they are 5 years and older.
– Session 1 includes an all around introduction to multiple dance styles. Each class progressing on to the next.
– Session 2 includes an Open House at the end of the Session where parents are invited into the class room to see the progress of their child.
– Session 3 participants have the opportunity to perform a choreographed dance at our year-end recital, demonstrating what they have learned through the year on a professional theatre stage in front of a large audience.
Video of Little Steps dancers (ages 3-4) performing at recital. Click ‘Full Screen’ on video to expand.
Create a dance account by registering online! Browse all of our programs, schedules, pricing and complete your registration. You can even pay online! If you’re a returning dancer, you can log in to this account to view your classes, your personal time table, find your music or register for additional programs.